Thursday, January 30, 2003

So in all the years that I've been working, I've never actually been in any sort of position of power. I've had jobs that were supposed to have power but in reality, had none. And I've had jobs where I had power but nobody cared enough about what I was working on to make it matter.

These days, for whatever reason, I've got the power. And I'm not even supposed to have any, but I do. I'm slowly realizing that I can march myself into my bosses office, complain about something, and get an instant result. I'm pretty sure that within time, I can be pretty much running the show. Today, I- as they say these days- threw someone under the bus. And without even trying, I gave my boss the final straw that broke a soon to be a non-Manager's back.

And you know something. It's kind of fun.

It's about power. Who's got it, who knows how to use it.


No comments: