Monday, March 17, 2003

I accidentally wore green today, completely forgetting, of course, that it's St. Patrick's Day. I hate when I do that. Everyone thinks I'm getting into the whole St. Patty's spirit when I'm not, I'm just wearing green. Not that I have anything wrong with St. Patrick's Day (I have had my fair share of fun during the holiday) but I'm not gonna be sporting the green.

Obviously, the main reason is because I'm not Irish. Again, nothing against the Irish because I do love the Irish and had way more fun than humanly possible while in Ireland, but the Irish aren't my peeps. Besides, do people wear blue for Hanukah to get into the Passover spirit? Nope. And yeah, I know, you don't have to be Irish to wear green today, but I'm just so not that type of person. Which is why I hate the fact that all day I have to sit around and tell people that no, I'm not wearing Green because it's St. Patrick's Day, damnit.

By the way, if anyone cares, my boy Brian Murphy on ESPN.com's Page 2 had a great bit about what St. Patrick's Day means to you during your various stages of life.

No comments: