Saturday, March 15, 2003

Oh, my droogies, it's been a long three weeks. It's the ole sick/stress Catch-22- work is stressful, stress causes sickness, need relaxation to get better, but work is stressful, stress causes sickness and so on and so on. Throw in a couple of other fun things (see story below) and you got yourself a past couple of weeks that did nothing other than suck-ass.

As I thought about ways out of the vicious cycle I find myself in, it suddenly occurred to me there might just be a way out of the vicious cycle- a massage. A full on, hour long, deep-tissue massage with lots of oil and whale calls in the background (who makes those tapes anyways? Are there people who specialize just in making CD's for massages? Is it a lucrative business? Is listening to Kyuss during a massage not a good thing?)

Why a massage? Besides the whole self-evidence of why not getting a massage, the stress of the past couple of weeks has caused my shoulders to turn into one big huge sailor's knot, my lower back is getting to the point where I've been in full old man mode, and I've been averaging about 4-3 hours of sleep a night.

Most importantly, the idea behind getting the massage is because all of this stress and sickness has made me realize that it's a sign that all of it has put my body way out of balance. I've fallen so far away from the feeling of centerdness, of oneness, that I couldn't see it without a pair of binoculars. I'm in the Siberia of centerdness. And there's nothing like a massage to realign the balance, get the flow going, unblock everything to get the positive energy back into your system, and…..

Oh, Dear God, it is finally happened. I am now officially a Californian.

There's nothing left for me to do but to get it over with and start eating whole weat sprout sandwhiches with avacado and mayo that I know is my destiny.

No comments: