Thursday, July 17, 2008

Here's something you don't want to hear a few days before a big, second round with a major financial institution, that despite the fact said financial institution has yet to be affected by the things that have caused parts of it's industry to collapse, the collapse is dragging down it's stock to the point that everyone who works there is afraid of layoffs.

And I know certain people might consider it "whining" but I had trouble with getting unemployment mainly because I recently moved. I tried calling Unemployment to figure it out so I could start getting put on the dole but I couldn't get through to anybody. I didn't even get a "your wait will be two hours" message, it was basically like "yeah, your call ain't happenin'" So, in order to get through to somebody, I went to the unemployment office where I was told that the only thing I could do was to use one of their phones because apparently the only way to get through to the call center is to use the unemployment office phones. And despite all that, I still had to wait ten minutes before I could get somebody on line. I know, it's all in my head, but shouldn't it say something that people who are unemployed can't get through to unemployment because there's too many people who are unemployed trying to get through to unemployment?

You know, I don't know why they hire all these fancy-pants economists to analyze the economy. All they have to do is ask me.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Best of luck in finding the right path for you.

Mark

http://financiallight.terapad.com/