Wednesday, July 09, 2008

I was just reading through my old blog posts, especially the Unemployment Years and remembering the good old days. Since I'm only in Month 1 of unemployment, I don't have that feeling of my soul being crushed on a daily basis and the bile spewing from deep down in the belly but it's early. Anyways, just to kick it old school, here's a whine about a job...

I interviewed at some big-ass agency last week (see previous post). It was last Wednesday, the one right before July 4th meaning there was only one day left before the holiday weekend started. Now, according to the dude I met with, he was going to report back to HR, interview a few more people, then start interviewing other people in a week or so. Today I got an email from my connection letting me know that they already hired somebody. Which means said timeline was totally BS. And that either they went through that entire process weeks earlier and were about to hire somebody already or they just met somebody in those few days who so blew them away that they said "screw process, let's just hire SOB." Of course, all that stuff the guy told me could have been BS because he didn't want to hire me (remember what he said about the HR person being called into a meeting?) so nevermind. Still....

No comments: