Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Now here's what I mean about cats. Whenever the cat decides that Harlan and I should wake up and spend time paying attention to him, I try and get back him the next day by trying to wake his ass up everytime he falls asleep. So everytime I go into the bedroom and he's lying on the bed, I make it a point to either meow at him, make some sort of loud noise at him, or just pet him.

This morning, I did as I always did and tried to wake his ass up and as a result of said action, I got a little love bite from him letting me know it was not appreciated. But here's the thing-- he wakes our ass up and we have nothing we can do about it other than telling him he's a bad kitty, something that not only doesn't work with cats but usually only encourages them. So, to sum up: him waking us up is cool. Us waking him up is not cool. And in the realm of things, telling someone "bad kitty" does not work as entirely well as trying to bite someone.

No comments: