Tuesday, July 01, 2008

So I got this email in response to my resume posting on Craigslist. Yes, some recruiter actually sent me an email trying to recruit me to join the army.

This, of course, is funny for oh so many reasons. Among other things, me, in the army? And then there's the fact that the army is so desperate that somebody is trolling Craigslist to recruit people. Now, obviously they aren't doing that much research in looking at resumes because they would notice that I am now 40 and probably not exactly of the age that the army would be looking for. Unless they have really lowered their standards and are now taking 40 year olds.

And, you know, I would even consider it. Or, would if it would be a desk job-- the army has to be full of people who do nothing but work at a desk. And I'd do it if I wouldn't have to go anywhere and didn't have to go through basic training. I'd even wear the uniform and get the haircut. Hell, the army is a recession proof gig and I'm sure it comes with good benefits.


>
> My name is SSG George Heath and I am a U.S. Army Solider. I was
> looking at your resume and wondered if you have ever thought about being
> a soldier. As I read your resume, I can see you have the skills
> necessary to be a successful soldier. Motivated, Intelligent, Hard
> Worker, Dependable and Responsible these are all very important skill
> sets.
>
> Now I know your first reaction is going to be Heck no, but
> really have you considered it, ever?
> We have 156 jobs available depending on your scores, but only 19% of
> those are combat related like you might think from the movies. What that
> means to you is that 126 of our jobs are support and customer service
> related.
>
> Plus, we have enlistment bounses as well as full healthcare
> benefits from the day you start. If none of this sounds like it might
> work for you then, I must have been wrong when I read your resume. Have
> a good day.
>

No comments: