Wednesday, July 16, 2008

So I'm in the jacuzzi at the gym and in the jacuzzi with me is some crone-ish like old lady wearing a bathing suit that crone-like women should not be wearing. Like, if you have liver spots up and down your back, do not wear something without a back. Or, if you're somewhere in your 60's or 70's, do not wear a bathing suits that puts manuevers your breasts into some sort of seductive position.

After a few minutes, she gets up and I kinda watch her get out of the jacuzzi in that some way that you can't turn away from road kill on the street. When she fully gets out and grabs her towel, I notice that one of her arms ends in a stump.

Now, two thoughts

1) I feel really awful for thinking up all that stuff about somebody who is, in effect, handless
2)On the other hand, double ick.

One more thing about the gym, recently I turned 40 (yikes) and while I had a hard time of it when I was 39, now that I'm actually the number, I'm okay about it. Well, as long as I don't think about it. Which is why the only time I really cringe about it is whenever I get into one of those cardio machines and have to plug the number 40 in when it asks me my age.

No comments: