Sunday, July 25, 2004

I do not have a DVD player. I'm okay with it.

Obviously, I can't really afford one right now. I'm also not fully convinced that DVD's aren't just some other scam that'll get people to plunk down hundreds of bucks on DVD's and Special Edition DVD collections only to find themselves having to purchase some new gadget and that new gadets' Special Edition collection years later. We are consumer bitches, after all.

Still, I can't but help feel a little verklempt about the fact that everytime I go to the video store, there's less and less room taken up for videos and more and more room given to DVDs. After all, if I wanted to go to a DVD store, I'd go to one. I'm going to a Video store. It's not only harder to find movies these days but I'm guessing there's also less and less titles available to make up for the influx of things like the Director's Cut of the 15th Anniversary Special Edition of Uncle Buck. I also kind of feel that in some way, I am being discriminated against. I am now a lesser being, a less wanted being. I am a luddite. I am not with it, I am not hip, and I am definitely not what to whom they want to sell.

I am a home-theater loser.

No comments: