Monday, July 05, 2004

I saw "Spiderman II" today. It's good, really good. I mean, it's really, really good. It totally and completely lived up to the hype and that's coming from somebody who was kind of meh on the first one. It was so good that I didn't even mind the fact that the theater we went to was so close to the airport that occasionally the theater shook from planes flying overhead. It was so good that I didn't mind the little kid behind me spilling coke all over the seats and spent most of the movie shuffling around and crying for his dad. Hell, it was so good that despite the fact that the theater seats were making my back feel like it was being thrown into a vise I didn't care. I wanted to get up and go for a walk to get out of all the pain I was in, but I didn't want to miss any part of the movie. It's just that good.

Seriously, but then I'm a sucker for super-heroes leaving a double life type stories (see "Buffy/Charmed" infatuation). There's also a sequence involving a train in there that is one for the books.

No comments: