Sunday, July 18, 2004

OH MY GOD! I totally had the coolest job on Friday. I got to work at Nordstrom's at the Mall! I've been totally dying to work at the mall since like forever but never had. Now I can say that I did!

My job was to spend the day taking clothes from the women's fitting room and putting them back on the rack. For eight hours! And the best part? It was like in the women's boutique section! I know! All day I got to hang up totally expensive name-brand clothes that were all totally fabulous. I mean, what else could you say about t-shirts that cost fifty bucks!

Well, I thought they were totally fabulous, but this guy Jon who worked with me said they were fugly. He said that they were the kind of clothes that botoxed asexual career women purchased in their mid 40's when they realized that they had nothing left to do but spend wads of money on expensive name-brand clothes to fill the empty spaces of their lives. But he was just a bitter old meany. He was like really old, in his mid 30's or something and even though we totally thought he was in charge of everything and kept on asking him what to do all day, it turns out he was just a temp too. God, imagine being in your 30's and having to temp at Nordstrom's for a day. What a loser. I'd like totally shoot myself if I was like that. He like told me that after lunch he'd go to the men's room every half an hour and sit on the toilet because it was the only place he could sit and not get in trouble. And then he spent most of the day being totally upset because some guy named Brew was leaving. Like what-ever.

Anyways, the job was like totally fun but hard. Like, you had to remember which kind of hanger went with each type of clothes. The outer wear had a curved hangar but the non-outer wear had a straight hanger and a specific brand had a wood hanger but all the others just had a metal one. I know, it's like so confusing. I was putting some clothes back on the rack and the mean old lady who wasn't even the manager told me I was doing it wrong and made me go back and put the clothes back on the correct hanger. What a beyatch.

The weird thing about the job is that even though it was the women's boutique, I was the only girl working there. I mean, it was like all women's clothes and we like spent most of our day hanging out in the women's changing room. There was one guy, though, who was really excited to be there. He would like totally sing along to every song played over the store stereo system. Everbody loved him because he'd tell all the women who were trying on clothes how great they looked and called everyone sweety or honey. I bet he'd be like this totally awesome guy to date! Jon wanted to deck him late in the day for what he said was excessive caring, but I talked him out of it. I think he got back at the guy though when he told the manager as he was leaving that he didn't know where the other guy was and hadn't seen him in awhile when we all knew that he totally ditched out of work two hours before his shift was up.

Oh wait. This is the best part! There was like this totally cute guy who worked in the "Encore" section which is what Nordstrom's calls the section for fat chicks. He like totally asked me out for pizza afterwards! Between that and the new Hillary Duff movie, this is like the best week eva!!!!!!!

No comments: