Thursday, July 08, 2004

This morning my supervisor came up to me and told me he wanted to have a meeting to talk about "an opportunity." Considering he started off at the bank as a temp, making the leap from temp to manager within six months (!), and that he's got a bunch of other employees who are temps, could "opportunity" mean long-term to possible full-time temp job? The Holy Grail of Temping? Sure, being an accountant at a bank hasn't exactly been my life-long dream but if you're gonna have to take a crappy-ass job to pay the rent, there's worst places to be. There's free coffee, internet access, a subsidized cafeteria, freedom to listen to music, and the all important Office Infatuation. Then again, "opportunity' could also mean taking a break from entering data and filing by doing something else. Which my like is probably what it means.

Naturally, he didn't have time to talk about it today so I don't know whether or not I can go on a spending binge this weekend. Or stop sending in resumes for Admin positions. Or turn down another day long gig at the Health Spa. Hell, by the time it was apparent our meeting wasn't going to happen, I had already moved, bought a cell phone, and organized a camping trip. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: