Tuesday, October 20, 2009

This week's Love/Hate U2 Index

I read a write up of U2's big show in Dallas and there was a listing of celebrities who went to the show, including Tiger Woods. Right before "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" Bono decides to dedicate the song to Tiger. So I'm thinking, can you think of a more blatant rock star move, to dedicate a well-beloved song, inspirational song to a bajillionaire sports athlete whom you hang out with? And the way it's done makes it come off as one big inside joke between the world-famous rock star and the world-famous golfing icon. "Yeah, this song goes out to my buddy Tiger Woods who was just saying he'd like to win more tournaments and make millions of dollars-- take it away Edge!!!!!!!!"

What's next, dedicating to "One" to the rumored-to-be squabbling Brangelina and Bono's neighbors in the South of France? "Beautiful Day" to all the recently laid off investment bankers who managed Bono's portfolio?

No comments: