Monday, October 12, 2009

Went to "Paranormal Activity," that super low-budget film that could and could also scare the crap out of people, and as Harlan and I were in line outside the theater, we noticed a woman with one of those annoying Paris Hilton type dogs stuffed inside her sleeveless jacket walking towards the ticket line. It took us a few seconds to realize that what she was going to try and do was bring the dog into the movie. And not only that, she was going to do it by stuffing the dog into her jacket so that she could close the jacket around the dog and sneak into the theater with the dog so stuffed inside the jacket that nobody would notice about a big bulge coming out of her jacket.

The obvious question is "what the hell is she thinking?" followed quickly by "what the fuck?" Who the hell brings a dog into a movie theater? What is she going to do once she gets in there, let the dog roam free? Keep the dog in her jacket? It might make sense if she were seeing a quiet, thoughtful, indie type movie but my guess is she was there to see your typical blow 'em up movie which I'm sure a dog would love to be present for what with dogs noted love of loud noises. I'm really sure somebody in the audience would love to be unable to hear something due to a dog barking in a movie. Or because the dog was running around and trying to bite your leg.

When I saw her, we were close to handing in our ticket and I thought about saying something. I, of course, did nothing. I did talk about the woman really loud in line but I don't think anybody heard me or even cared. I also thought about telling security but I mainly thought about saying something while in the movie and not even close to a time when anybody could do anything about it. I'm also pretty sure that even those people in the theater who noticed a dog sitting near them didn't say anything. And so a woman who stuffed a dog into her jacket to sneak it into a theater pretty much got away in doing so another line in jackass movie theater behavior has been crossed and Western Civilization moves a little closer to it's end.

No comments: