Sunday, August 10, 2003

I am going through yet another period in my life that can euphemistically be called "a learning experience." Again. All of which is a much better way of putting it, then, say, calling it another suck-ass experience, but I digress. Once again I am being told by certain people who, in light of not having anything positive to say, tell me about the value of all the things I'm learning from this experience. Like how I'm learning about things like how to deal with adversity. Or how to deal with stress. All of this is a great thing for me to learn.

Which is all well and good, but, I don't want to learn all this stuff. Especially right now and in this way. In fact, I'm kind of tired of having to learn these things again. Why are "learning experience," especially in my life, about learning about things like handling stress or dealing with uncertainty? Why can't I learn about some other things for a change. Like learning about what it's like to have threesomes with super-models. Now that would be a valuable learning experience. So would winning the lottery. I'd like to learn what that's like too. How about sailing on the South of France? Wouldn't that be a cool thing to learn?

And if I do have to learn it, could it to be a little bit more like college? Like, if I wanted to, I could take it pass/fail, not count as part of my General Ed., or just not take the class in general because it's too early in the morning? What's wrong with learning things that way? It worked for me in college. And I had a 3.0 average. Sure, I probably could have had a better grade if I dedicated myself some more, but 3.0 isn't too shabby. Especially when you consider how much partying I did.

Am I asking for too much out of life here?

No comments: