Wednesday, August 13, 2003

So the big news here at Hooray for Anything is that, once again, I am unemployed. Long story which I won't get into here (although check last Friday's post).

When I was laid off almost exactly two years ago, getting laid off was almost kind of fun. Not just because I got a huge severance check (which I didn't get this time), but mainly because everyone was doing. It was smack dab in the middle of the dot.com downturn and everyone was getting laid off. Getting laid off was hip, it was cool, it was the thing to do.

Sadly, that's not true anymore. Most of the people who have gotten laid off have either gotten a new job or given up and moved away. Being unemployed is just not cool anymore. It's jumped the shark even.

And I'm not really happy about it.

No comments: