Thursday, January 12, 2006

Here's what I mean about Lost: So Michael starts IM'ing with Walt. But, of course, he doesn't say anything to anyone. You'd think, of course, this would be worthy of mention. You know, like "Oh my God, Walt just sent me a message through a computer that doesn't have DSL!"

But he didn't say anything.

Or take Eko. He sees the monster that one time and probably has a feeling that it's coming the second time (that's why I think he told Charlie to climb that true). But did he say "hey, it's the Monster!" Nope. He said not a thing. And you'd think one way of shutting Charlie up during that long walk would be to say "I want to find the plane because I think I know who's on the plane."

But again, nope.

And speaking of which, I know it's the point of the show, but, really, Mr. Eko winds up on the same island as his brother's death plane?: Not buying it. Among other things, last time I checked, a flight from Nigeria to the Middle East doesn't go over the Pacific Ocean.

Oh, one more thing about TV since that's what appears to be the theme this week. I'm also really loving the new American version of "the Office." It pretty much nails the humdrummery of office life better than any show I've seen. And nails the occasional land mine explosion that is office inter-personal relationships. Love things that point out how difficult any sort of interaction can be.

Anyways, despite it's brilliance, nobody's watching it. It's the new "Arrested Development," a brilliant show watched by a select few people and not watched by the rest of America. The same group of people who put breathlessly watch "Dancing with the Stars."

So, for all those of you in American who are behind the killing of "Arrested Development" and probably killing of "the Office," I thank you. Just next time you bitch and whine about the sucking of America, just remember while you're watching "Dancing with the Stars," you got nobody to blame but yourself.

No comments: