Sunday, January 29, 2006

Went to the dog show over the weekend. You would think that something like that would be a great family thing to do, but I couldn't think of anything worse to bring kids to. I can just see everyone who brings their kids to the show having to constantly say "no" to their kids saying "oh, daddy I want one" every five minutes. I mean, my friends had to tell me no every five minutes and I'm about thirty years older than your average kid.

Also over the weekend, I think I discovered the public transportation rider who just might be worse than the rider who doesn't walk up the left side of the escalator. That is the person who stands right smack dab in the middle. Because they not only screw over both sides, but at least people who stand in the left side of the escalator are at least in a correct side. The people who ride the escalator in the middle aren't even smart enough to figure out a side to go into.

I hate those people.

And speaking of which, a couple of weeks ago I was on my way to BART when somebody nearly ran me over to get down the esccalator in enough time to make their stop. My first reaction, besides "what the?" was wondering if I was the one who was on the wrong side of the escalator. Turns out I was on the right side, err, the correct side. It's just that somebody was on the left side and also not moving but because I was doing the right thing and leaving some room, the guy just happened to use me as the person to bowl over. The thing is that not only do I not blame the person, but I probably would have done the same thing.

And all because some fraking asshole didn't do what everyone in the entire fracking world knows what to do- if you're on the left side of the escalator, you walk.

No comments: