Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I came home last night and I guess what happened is that somehow, the new laptop got unplugged early enough in the day that the batteries also ran out. None of which I knew when I got home, which is how I found myself in a little bit of a panic when I tried to check my e-mail and the computer wouldn't turn on. Picture me a little stressed as I frantically pressed the on/off button several times and hit every button on the computer trying in some way to get the glowy Apple on the front of the laptop to get all glowy again. And picture that panic increasing when I unplugged the thing hoping the batteries would kick kick it back to life. Didn't happen. And as I sat there trying to fiddle with the computer, trying to figure it all out, I couldn't help get visions of me going to the Apple store and putting the new baby in repairs.

Finally, after replugging the thing in and checking the chord, the laptop came back to life.

_______________________________

On the bus ride from Super Mondo to the Millbrae BART station, a big, huge fat guy gets on the bus and sits in the front. I sit in the back. Usually, he hits the escalator before I do and he's so fat, you can't walk next to him. Why this is important is sometimes BART is already there and so I need to race up the escalator to make sure I make my train, something impossible with his big, fat ass in the way.

So this time, when I got off the bus, I had a new plan- what I do, I need to get in front of the fat guy before getting on the escalator.

Can you say I walked very quickly to do that today.

No comments: