Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Sometime on Friday night, the little lightbulb went off and I got it- the genius blog posting. The one that everyone reads and says "wow." The one that causes one comment after another after another in agreement. The one everyone reads and immediately passes to somebody else and they pass it to somebody else and it gets passed through the internets like Lindsey Lohan. I get fame and attention and writing jobs fall at my feet.

I spent the better part of four days mulling it over, massaging it, planning it out. And then, today, on SFist, I posted it. The reaction: mainly yawn.

I hate when that happens.

One more thing, I seem to be getting known on the site as "the reactionary" blogger, mainly for taking the occasional piss out of the progessives. Which more amuses me than angers me. Who the hell uses that word anymore? The last time it was probably hurled with any invective was at a Che Guerrera fondue party in Havana sometime in the early 60's. And what does it mean, exactly? As far as I can tell, a reactionary means having a close mind by people with closed minds.

No comments: