Thursday, January 26, 2006

Last night I went to a party at the law offices of the Man Who Almost Became Mayor. Yes, I am moving up in the world. It was fun and I had a good time, but I found that the best part of going wasn't the actual being there per se, but the fact that I was actually there. Because the fun in going there isn't exactly the going, but the telling people that you were there. You know, like slipping it into conversation, like "oh, sorry I'm late for the 'Lost' but I was at a cocktail party thrown by the Man Who Almost Became Mayor" or, "I wasn't home last night because I was at...." It's even better when somebody who casually throws around being at these type of big city events finds out that I was there too and is suddenly amazed that lowly little me now is on the far, far, far edge of being the type of person who goes to these type big city events.

Sadly, due to a bad cold, I was not drinking. Which meant I couldn't go around claiming, "oh, yeah, I got drunk with the Man Who Almost Became Mayor." Or, considering people were smoking in one of the offices (no, not him either- from what I hear he doesn't partake), I could have claimed "I got stoned at the offices of the Man Who Became Mayor."

Oh, and first person I got to tell where I was? Totally didn't care.

No comments: