Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I did pub night tonight at the Edinburgh and there was a bonus question worth ten points offered. The bonus question was basically name the TV theme song. Talk about being in my wheel house as it were. I mean, if there's any question more suited for me, I don't know what it would be.

The quiz master starts playing the first few seconds of the theme songs and it's obvious within the first second that it's the 70's. A few more seconds into it and it's obvious that it's a 70's copy show. But which copy show?

For some reason I just totally got this picture of a guy in a wheel chair. A-ha! "Ironsides." But here's the thing: Ironsides is a totally obscure show. Wasn't it on for like three or four years? And I was less than 10 when it aired and I can't imagine watching more than four or five episodes at the most. I don't even know if my parents watched it (dad?). But for some reason, I just completely got the image of "Ironsides" in my head and went with the answer.

It was "Ironsides."

Sometimes I amaze myself. And sometimes I scare myself. This was one of those occasions.

No comments: