Thursday, August 28, 2008

Had another one of those long, grueling over two hour interviews with whole different groups of people yesterday.  It was at that place I wrote about a week ago, the one in which the initial phone interview went so well I thought I was in but was starting to worry as I hadn't heard anything back yet.  Obviously, I did.

Here's another thing about those interviews-- each one is with a different person so each interview goes completely differently than the other one's depending on the chemistry or the other person's personality or the questions they ask meaning that it's a bit of a roller coaster ride.  The first interview I did was alright, the second one was great, the third was somewhere along the lines of a flail, and the fourth was just meh.  Somehow, I have to hope that the one person I did really well with is somehow able to convince the others that I should have the job and win them over to my cause.  

This interview was for yet another position that hadn't been created yet but they just knew they had to have somebody in this role, whatever that role may be.  Which is why I got four different interpretations of what the job was from four different people.  I did, however, get the feeling that they wanted something completely different than what I was originally told the job would be or had applied to and there is nothing quite realizing all of this right in the middle of the interview.  

No comments: