Tuesday, August 19, 2008

On Monday I had a phone interview with a pretty big company. So big I never thought I'd hear back from them. Anyways, the interview was one of the best interviews I've ever had, mainly because for whatever reason, the person on the other end of the line, a HR type, really liked me. So much so that was supposed to be a half an hour interview lasted over an hour.

Now, it was the "gateway" type interview, the kind in which someone from HR first contacts you to make sure if you're even worth presenting to somebody in the actual department. So you have to be extra diligent in these because you're not even close to getting to the real interview. But this one, this one went well. At one point, she repeated back to me a totally rambling answer to a question I wasn't quite prepared for but did redid it in a way that made me sound completely passionate and articulate about the position. At another point, I admitted I didn't know the answer to something and she suggested to me that while it's fine for me to not own up to it now, she'd recommend me studying up for it for my next interview. And, yes, she said she thought I'd have another interview, even saying she'd cross her fingers for me.

Naturally, I haven't heard back

No comments: