Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Yes, it's a busy day...

On Monday I got a call from somebody about a job. Now the thing is that when companies post their job on craigslist, most of them use an anonymous email address and often don't mention the company. As a result, it's often hard to tell who the company is that you're applying to so when you get a call about a job, oftentimes you don't know what the job is. You just have to hope that the person who calls you mentions it when they call or you can figure it out what the job is by playing detective online.

This time around, I couldn't figure it out.

I went to the companies web site and looked at the job postings. On the site, I found two somewhat different jobs, both of which I could have applied to. So now I'm even more confused as to what the job is I'm interviewing for as it could be either one.

The guy who I talked to on Monday said he wanted me to come in on Thursday and Friday and would let me know as soon as he can coordinate with the people who would meet with me. As of 4 this afternoon, I hadn't heard from him so I called. When I reached him, he told me that I had an interview at 11 AM tomorrow morning (that being Thursday). Well, good thing they told me that as some people might find that information useful. Luckily I had nothing planned so there I go.

He then told me that he'd email me the information about the interview, things like where to go and whom I'm meeting with and the schedule. As of 7:30 this evening, I haven't gotten that email.

So, all I know is that tomorrow I have an interview somewhere in Palo Alto for some unknown job with a bunch of unknown people for an unknown amount of time. Other than that, I'm golden.

Make mad.

No comments: