Monday, August 18, 2008

I haven't really been paying too much to the Olympics and part of me wishes I was because it's actually a lot of fun and completely engrossing. However, the little things that I've caught has reminded me just what I don't like about watching the Olympics. It seems that everytime I turn it on, it's either the American women's softball team or those American beach volleyball players. Both of them tend to kill their opponents meaning it's barely competitive. And beach volleyball is kind of a dumb, made up sport, and softball is a sport in which we should be kicking everyone's butts because it's our game and we're probably the only country that produces women who really care about playing softball. So, basically, what you got is a lot of events featuring American's kicking other countries butts in silly sports. Now, I'm sure other people get off on watching American's kick people's butts in not very important sporting events (U-S-A! U-S-A!) but I don't. I actually like watching us being competitive, even occasionally losing, in sports that seem a bit more traditional.

Either that or team handball.

No comments: