Friday, August 08, 2008

So for those in the know, the big song out there, well one of the big songs out there is this song "I kissed a Girl" by Katy Perry. Unlike the pervious "I Kissed a Girl" song that came out in the late 90's which was kinda Lillith Fair and written from the perspective of somebody who was most definately bi, this song is not. It's more "OMG! I was drunk and made out with Becky! I'm so cool"

The thing about the song it shows the complete mainstreaming of the idea of girl on girl action. It might even be the tipping point into Shark Jumpage (how's that for mixed cultural referential cliches?). How can girl on girl action be considered outre if there's a friggin' Top 10 hit about it?

Which brings us with two points

1)If I were a parent, it's yet another reason to fear for my kids
2)Something tells me this song gets played at a lot of frat parties. A LOT.

No comments: