Sunday, December 08, 2002

I bought a yoga mat. And not only that, one of those yoga mat holders that goes over your shoulder with which you put your mat in.

I am now one of those people- the person who goes everywhere with their yoga mat in tow.

I didn't want to do it, didn't want to go there, but it just happened. I went to go sign up for a month's worth of classes, got shown the Holiday specials and gave in. Totally suckered into it. What can I say? The teacher is so nice, so sweet, and so blonde that the next thing I know, I now own a yoga mat.

But wait, it gets worse.

I have a cell phone now. An actual, real live, state of the art cell phone. I am one of those people now too. I actually found myself frantically running through a BART station, cell phone by ear, trying to reach someone to tell them I was gonna be late. Just like everyone else in this world. I even got a call while at a friend's house and answered it.


Life takes some strange turns sometimes, doesn't it?


And hell, why I'm confessing all my embarassing sins, here's a few more

- I downloaded a couple of Janet Jackson songs from Napster
-"Yummy, Yummy, Yummy I Got Love in My Tummy" and "Mmm-Bop" too
-I also like the new Santana/Michelle Branch song
-I love "It's a Wonderful Life" and yes, it does make me cry. Every single time.
-When I was a kid, I used to put Cheez Whiz on toasted bagels and would still do it if I wasn't so ashamed about it.
-I love watching all the political wonk-fest shows. Like "The Capital Gang" and "Washington Week in Review," even an occasional "Hardball." Or, at least I liked too before darkness fell over the land and the fires of Mordor started flaming anew.

No comments: