Monday, December 30, 2002

Once again, nothing to say. I'm tired, cranky and feel a cold coming on. Which is just swell, especially considering I just got over one a month ago. On the other hand, it'll give me an excuse to not do something tomorrow night because deep down, I'm feeling pretty gosh darn lazy and wouldn't mind nothing but renting a flick and getting some sleep. But I can't. It's New Year's Eve and I'm single so I have to go out just to give myself the illusion that I'm hip, I'm happening, I'm a Man About Town. Besides, living in like where I do, there's no way I'd be able to just watch a movie and sleep considering there's about twenty bars within a two-block radius.

It's all the fault of this stupid weather and work. My poor, hard-working department is all sick and frazzled from too much stress, too much to do, and too much whackiness getting in their way. We're all a torn and frayed at the edges. Everyone's sick and cranky and stressed and spending way too much time trying to hold onto whatever little sanity we have left. Or maybe it just felt like that because it's Monday.

So because I'm feeling fluish, I went to the vending machine at work and bought myself some yummy Cup o' Noodle soup. Mmm-mmm. I follow the instructions as given, even though I've made enough Cup o' Noodle soup on days like this to know how to do it, but, well, you never know. I fill it up right up to the line I'm supposed to fill it up and put it into one of the microwaves in the Factory's break-room.

Now, I'm not really a cook. Or can cook for that matter. I do know, however, how microwaves work and I'm pretty sure Microwaves don't make things bounce up and down. I mean, when you microwave soup, it's not supposed to splash and gurgle all over the place and spill everywhere, right? And I'm not just saying a little- I'm saying in the microwave itself, onto the table it rested, and down onto the floor. And because sometimes I'm not the brightest bulb in the world, I kept at it. Because, damnit, microwaves aren't supposed to shake, rattle and roll. So I'd put it in, see it gurgle and see it spill, then stop it, clean it up, and put it back in. Several times. I even convinced myself that it just might be the microwave and so I put my soup into another microwave. And the same thing happened. Spill city.

I must have spent ten minutes putting the soup in then grabbing tons of paper towels to clean up the mess I made.

Stupid monday.

No comments: