Wednesday, December 04, 2002

Why is it around this time of year that everytime you turn on the TV, the only classic Christmas shows (I'm talking about those claymation things that were on endlessly when I was a kid) they show are the one's everyone's seen a billion times. It's always "Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer" or "Frosty the Snowman" or "Rudolph Meets Frosty." Hell, I'm sure there's even "Rudolph Meets Scrappy Doo." Those are all well and good, but the only one anyone wants to see is "The Year Without a Santa Claus."

And you know what I'm talking about. Two words- Heat Miser.

Everyone knows the episode, everyone knows the songs, everyone knows the hair. Hell, there was even a band called "Heat Miser" from the late 80's, early 90's. In terms of cultural significance, is there anything bigger than that?

Yet I never see it on TV. Somehow, this huge, pop-cultural giant has somehow fallen under the radar of all the TV execs (which, of course, makes it that much cooler) who should be showing it nearly as much as they show "A Christmas Story." God-damnit, if Vh-1 can try to be cool by showing "Pets of the Rock Stars" over and over again, can't they show this epic?

God damnit, is it too much to ask for a little Heat Miser?

I'm Mister Green Christmas
I'm Mister Sun
I'm Mister Heat Blister
I'm Mister Hundred and One
They call me Heat Miser,
What ever I touch
Starts to melt in my clutch
I'm too much!

He's Mister Green Christmas
He's Mister Sun
He's Mister Heat Blister
He's Mister Hundred and One

They call me Heat Miser,
What ever I touch
Starts to melt in my clutch

He's too much!

No comments: