Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Got a Temp job for the next day or two answering phones at a Property Management company on Treasure Island. Answering phones is kind of a weird job in that it's extremely boring (more lots of web surfing) mixed with intermittent work. You're sitting there, surfing surfing surfing and then, blammo, the phone rings and it's Go! Go! Go!. Except the Go! Go! Go! Part usually lasts for about twenty seconds and then it's back to surfing, surfing, surfing.

It is kind of nice that it's on Treasure Island, though. Treasure Island has one of the most amazing views of San Francisco you could see, which means it's one of the best views in the world. This grizzled old, Bored Now San Fran denizen has long since lost his appreciation of just how beautiful this city can be. Or maybe it's just because all I see are crack heads and guys with trucker hats. There's also a nice ocean breeze in the air which makes me remember that, oh yeah, I do live by the Ocean. I also remember that I like living near the Ocean and that it's something to be happy about. One of the things that dragged me out here in the first place was because I was able to go to a school by the water and the ridiculousness of going to college in a place surrounded on three sides by the Pacific Ocean still makes me wonder how I was able to pull that one off. There is something refreshing to an Ocean Breeze that just puts a smile on your face.

Which reminds me- I need to somehow figure out how I can get my insurance company to spring for a three day trip to Mexico for me. They can give me whatever drug they want and nothing would do as much good for me as three days on the beach doing nothing but drinking Corona's and Margarita's. Do you think they'd go for it?

No comments: