Wednesday, April 21, 2004

The Michael Jackson "South Park" episode- Brilliant!

So yeah, color me one of those people who is totally gobsmacked by Smirkboy's rise in the polls after our countries past couple of week's. Jesus criminy folks, how could someone has been shown to have screwed up so many things still have high popularity ratings? Can't someone get blown in that office so people will be outraged? And all of this after his press conference last week. I guess there are some people out there who feel comforted in the fact that the president goes in front of the press and sounds like a kid trying to give an oral report on a book he never read, but I'm not one of them. I read the damn book.

Oh wait, I forgot. He wasn't inarticulate, he was "sincere" and "determined" and, umm "competent" (which is a great quality to look for in a President). Oh yeah, and his inability to sound like he even had an understanding of the English language is his being a "plain-talker." Which, I guess is appealing to the average voter out there. On the other hand, this is a country in which not only is Omorosa from "The Apprentice" now getting commercial deals, but she's being dropped from some of them because people are calling up to complain and are threatening a boycott. No WMD's, no biggie. Omorosa making commercials, "Battle Stations!" And speaking of reality shows, if all of the countries where characters on "Survivor," how long before America would get voted off the island?

Considering how well the President did after his press conference and how well I'm not doing in job interviews, I have decided to follow the President's example and do my interviews George Bush style. No more worrying about things like trying to answer the question. Or trying to come up with coherent sentences that have a beginning, a middle, and an end. And correct grammar? What-ever.

So, from now on, instead of trying to do a good job answering the questions, I will instead, just keep on saying these things:

-I am a freedom lover
-All the people who have either laid me off or let me go from a job are "evil doers"
-If anybody says something bad about my job performance, they are only appeasing the evil-doers
-To wonder why I seem to be unemployed a lot is to dishonor all the other chronically unemployed people out there

And most importantly,
-I want this job because God told me I did.

See, I figure if I just somehow say one or two of these talking points into every answer I give during an interview, I too can can be seen as "steady," "determined" and "competent." And I too can amble into a job, just like our President.

No comments: