Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Yay, it's crazy temp place again!

Got another gig at the place I was working at a few weeks ago, the place that was kind of nice and kind of steady but was slightly crazy in that the supervisor was never actually around to tell me what to do. Went in this morning and- surprise, surprise- the supervisor wasn't there. Not only that, he hadn't told anyone I was coming in so no computer, no work, not even a clue as to what he wanted me to do. And so I waited to see if he would come in. I read the paper, I got something to drink, I thumb twiddled and after forty-five minutes or so called the Temp Agency. Luckily, the Supervisor had called them in the morning to let them he wouldn't be in and that I couldn't start today, which is great of him if it weren't for the fact that it took him about three days to let the temp agency no. Thus explaining the thumb-twiddling from me. And with that, I got to go home.

Now it's always kind of nice when you're not working. Except for when the not working equals not getting paid. Nor is it that great when you already schlep out of bed early to get to work or find out that you miss the best part of morning TV. In other words, great.

No comments: