Sunday, April 11, 2004

Gotta give my props out to Janet Jackson for doing a devastating impression of everyone's favorite closeted lesbian National Security Advisor, the whiter than Colin Powell, Condi Rice last night on SNL. You know you're in trouble as a public figure when Janet Jackson totally nails you in a skit. Seriously, it was really good. And it's amazing how just one skit on SNL and one rant on the "Daily Show" about her testimony summed up the whole thing better than hours and hours of yelling pundit-heads on TV did.

Anyways, in a story about the infamous PDB (yeah, you know me), that Bush got while in the midst of his thirty-day vacation, there comes this line: "The officials would not describe Bush's reaction to the memo -- calling it confidential --.

Umm, now why would the President's reaction be considered "condidential?" Is it such a breach of National Security if they said he was "alarmed"? Is it really too much of an attack on Executive Privilege to know that the President's reaction was that of "hmmmm, interesting?" Seriously. All of which makes you wonder that, like most of Smirkboy's stonewalling, that his reaction really was that of "that's great, but how did the Rangers do today?" Or "Who is Al Queda, again? Isn't he that oilman that gave me a couple thousand dollars in campaign contributions?" Or, hell, even, "Dick, can you explain this to me?"

And while I do think it's unfair to blame the Bushies for 9/11 and that even if Bush wasn't napping through the entire month of August, I don't think the thing could have been stopped, I do have to say I'm thoroughly enjoying the hullaballoo. As I've said before, anything that wipes the smirk off his face is okay by me.

No comments: