Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Flying Home

Flying home from Philly, I noticed as I was boarding that one of the people who was in the group called to board with me included a cute girl. As always, I got to wondering whether I should be so lucky as to have her sit next to me. I have heard about the airplane pick up but have never experience it as I usually sit next to the frumpy fat guy in a football jersey. So I got excited. And then I started to think about just what would happen if she sat next to me and I started to think that if she did, I would probably spend the entire flight trying to get the courage to talk to her. I probably wouldn't so would then beat myself up the entire flight and post-fligt commute for it. But if I did talk to her, I would then probably beat myself up for thinking that I said something entirely stupid and/or bugged the hell out of some poor girl who probably wanted nothing more than to sit on a five hour flight and not be bugged. Which made me think that it would probably be best if she didn't sit near me and therefore I could spend the entire five hour flight doing nothing but reading "War and Peace."

I read a hundred pages of "War and Peace" in peace. And it was okay by me.

No comments: