Thursday, April 07, 2005

Overheard on the shuttle on the way to work in a conversation by a Brit and an Irishman- "she's your typical American woman, kind of controlling and on lots of pharmaceuticals."

Dunno what that means either.

Went to the Giants game tonight. First of all, it's weird when there's no Barry. When you go to a game when Barry's playing, the entire game is a mathematical calculation of when he could bat. Everything depends on that- when to get food, when to leave, what to root for. And part of the reason why the Giants win when he plays is because you know the other team is thinking the same way. Well, not when to go get a hot dog, but always aware of when he could possibly bat. When he's not playing, it's like there's this big void there. You keep on thinking, well, what do I think about now?

Anyways, there was the guy behind my friend and I, a total Ned Ryerson who spent almost an entire inning pontificating on interest rates, stocks, and real estate. It was easily the most boring conversation I have ever heard in months. It was so bad I wanted to turn around and tell him to be quiet, not because the conversation was so offensive but because it was so boring. Won't somebody think of the children?

And when I was leaving the ballpark, I passed what looked like a cute young girl, maybe college age, dressed up in a winter coat, handing out little cards. So I took one, thinking it was for some school fund raiser or some sort of promotional thing. It was. For a strip club. Either I'm getting older or they're getting younger.

No comments: