Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Yeah, I'm back. Sorry, I forgot I was a writer there for a second. Anyways....

After thirty-six years and a half years of life and over a hundred baseball games to my name, it finally happened. I got myself a foul ball. At a Phillies game no less (I'm in Philly right now). Ball came flying into the air, crashed down two seats to me, and rolled towards my foot after the two guys who leapt across the aisles both crashed into each other and missed it. I'd like to say I made the bare handed catch but I was actually a little scared there- that ball came awfully fast. Well, I also remembered what my dad always said: "it's never the first guy who gets the ball." And it's true. I was the third. In fact, if you were to watch the game, and I'm sure nobody did because it was like 16-4 at the time, I would have looked totally cool and collected as I swooped in all crafty-like to get the ball.

And yes, it's totally cool.

After I got the ball, some kid came down to look at it. I thought for a second that I should be the totally classy person and give the ball to the kid, but then I thought screw it.

Oh yeah. I had a cheese steak at the game. With Whiz. At a Phillies game. In Philadelphia. In other words, not a bad night.

Mmm.....cheesesteaks.....with whiz.....

PS- At one point during the game, they were doing the thing where they show people in the stands on the big video. They cut to two hot girls who did a little dance for the camera. Then they cut to two more. One of them stands up, spins her back to the camera, makes it look like she's about to take it off, then starts in on this totally skankalicious dance move straight out your generic rap video. They show that for a couple of seconds, then cut to two more hot girls who realize what's going on and so one of them stands up and begins to gyrate. Just then, the scene cuts to a shot of kids dancing. Totally wholesome, totally cute, totally clean kids. Coincedence or not?

PPS- how was the Phillies stadium? It's a nice place, although a little too gimicky. The main problem though is that the stadium is in a parking lot in the middle of nowhere Philadelphia up past the oil refineries. No ambience. No ambience at all. It felt like it was at the edge of the world there.

No comments: