Sunday, April 03, 2005

I was riding the F Line today, which by the way is something I love about the City, and it was coming up to my stop. I looked up to pull the stop wire, but noticed that there wasn't one. Instead, there was a stop button right by the door. Unfortunately, the person sitting in the chair right by the door and right underneath the stop button was some mentally disabled tweaker dude who would be still for about a minute or so and then go into kind of an epilpetic shake thing for another minute. And I had to reach over him to get it.

So you say excuse me to let the tweaker dude know that I'm reaching over him to keep him from shaking? Or do I not say anything and not draw attention to the fact? And if I say "excuse me" does it really matter? It could all be out of his control and I can go through the rigamorale of saying "excuse me" and he could still wind up kicking me in the shins.

I didn't get kicked.

No comments: