Sunday, April 10, 2005

I went to two games at SBC this week, one on Thursday and one on Saturday. For Saturday's game, Van Hoser and I were hanging out in the right-field promenande when Michael Tucker hit that grand slam Splash hit that eventually landed in the water. Considering it was a grand slam and the Giants were behind at that point, it was pretty fricking excited, one of those only in SF moments when you get to watch a ball fly over you and into the water to win a game. I have to admit that the ball was so directly over our heads that for a few seconds, I thought it would land pretty much right on top of me. Which left a little scared. I mean it's one thing to catch a line drive in the stands, a whole other thing to catch some moon shot launched from 450 feet away and with a whole crowd about to explode the moment the thing lands. For a couple of seconds I stood there thinking catch or duck. And yeah, getting the hell out of the way may sound kind of wussy until you realize that no matter what happens, there's going to be a huge scrum match breaking out the moment the thing lands right on top of whoever it happens to land on. Which could be me and that would be bad.

Luckily, it didn't land on me.

No comments: