Wednesday, May 04, 2005

I go to the gym at work which is great because it's pretty cheap and a pretty nice gym. Of course, there's one downside, that being that I might run into a coworker in the locker room. In fact, it's pretty much one of my nightmare scenarios that I come out of the shower (the showers in the gym are stalls so there's no showering in groups) only to bump right into somebody I work with.

Monday, for the first time, it happened. Well, not to me exactly as I was already dressed, but to a coworker. He came out of the shower, clad in only a towel, and walked up only to realize that his locker was two lockers down from me. Although he tried to hide it and although he's a really nice guy, I could tell that just for a second, the look on his face was more "oh no" than "oh, yay! a Coworker!" So he stood there and we talked and I could tell he was delaying the big moment where he'd have to take off the towel and put on his underwear but after a few minutes, he gave up and resigned himself to the fact he was going to do it. Which he did. And to which I helped him along by totally looking away but in such a manner it didn't look like I was looking away just to look away (I'm good at staring at things or not staring at things as it were while doing the opposite).

With that done, he quickly got dressed and we left together. And no, not awkward at all.

No comments: