Thursday, May 19, 2005

My commute home:

Run downstairs to catch the shuttle just in time to see it pull away. I stand at the stop for a few minutes pondering what to do and decide to run to catch the shuttle at another building. I run to the other side of my building, run across the street and get to the other building just in time to see the shuttle pull away. So I decide to go to Caltran, take Caltrain to Millbrae, and then catch BART from there. Hop onto Caltrain, get to Millbrae and see that there's a BART train right there at the stop. Naturally, just as I put my BART ticket into the entrance gate, the BART train pulls away.

You'd think that somebody would figure out that it might be a good idea to hold BART there for a few seconds so the people who pull into the stop can get on board. But that would make too much sense.

And on the BART that I eventually got on, halfway through some girl, maybe in her mid-twenties hops on in Uggs boots and carrying one of those tiny, rat dogs in her big purse. Seriously, why don't you just wear a sign saying "hi, I Wanna Be a Stupid Spoiled Whore."

No comments: