Monday, May 30, 2005

Man, I saw something this morning I haven't seen in a long, long time- videos on MTV. I know. And for those of you wondering, it is true- I ain't no hollaback girl.

Few odds and sends:
-Finally heard the new Coldplay song. As I read somewhere else, yawn me a river. With the exception of Clocks, they're such the kind of band you listen to while driving in your SUV with your Starbucks mochachino and crank up because it makes you think you're edgy. When you are so totally not.

-Here's why "Lost" is going to have problems in the future. You know how Locke finally sees the monster, or at least runs into the monster? Afterwards, you'd think somebody would say something along the lines of "dude, what happened?" or "what did it look like?" or "what the hell were you doing?" Instead, they make it out like after he got rescued, nobody said anything and they just kept on their merry way. Why that's a problem is that after awhile, it tends to drive viewers crazy. The "X-Files" was like that- episode after episode of people saying "I think I know what's up" but never saying what they think is up or seeing things and then never telling anyone else what they saw. I really hope, though, that the producers are smart enough to tell the networks that no matter what, they're only going to do the four seasons they supposedly have planned out. Because besides the fact it's hard to drag a mystery out for much longer and because it's going to be hard to deal with all the actors getting older, changing haircuts, gaining/losing weight, etc.

-So there's a story out there saying movie ticket sales are down and blaming DVDs, TiVO, et al for them being down. Now that I have a DVD player and Tivo I can say that yes, I've been seeing less movies. And yes, it's a fairly easy assumption to make. But maybe it's just a matter of, oh, maybe releasing better movies? Seriously. Yeah, Star Wars is pretty kick-ass and Sin City was kind of cool, but other than that, what's been released this year? Total and complete crap. Even now, what do we have out there besides Star Wars? The Longest Yard? Not even.

No comments: