Monday, May 30, 2005

-Was about to exit a BBQ today when just as I was about to make my move, somebody decided to announce that we should do a quick clean up. Naturally, it meant I had to stick around for a few more minute and help clean up. Because it would look totally lame if I suddenly bail just as somebody announced that we should help clean up.

-I've eaten Mexican food pretty much every day for the past five days. When I was considering what I should eat for lunch, I was thinking that I shouldn't have chili for lunch because that would mean that I would have eaten Mexican food for every day for the past few days and nobody eats Mexican food every day. And then I realized, of course, that that's not true (think about it, it's a delayed joke). So I had salad for lunch. And tacos for dinner.

-And finally, one problem that I'm realizing about being as old as I am (that being the mid to late 30's) is that I'm having trouble seeing myself as that age. I don't think I'm that old and since I never really see myself, I don't consider myself as looking that age. I also hang with mainly people much younger than me or people who still seem young at heart and not that old. All of which means that it occasionally comes to being quite a shock when I go to a party where most of the people there are my age and it takes me a few minutes to come to grips with the fact that all the people at the party who look and act old are actually my age and that to them, they're probably thinking the same when the look at me. Ugh.

No comments: