Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Man, that episode of "Lost" was some damn good TV. That whole thing with the black smoke was way cool, especially as the lost shot.

So as it's been said before by many other people, I am pretty deep into my relationship with Tivo. It's love. And yeah, I know, there are some people out there who say I shouldn't get so socked into it, that I should get out more, that I should have a social life. But why? Tivo doesn't cause you to look through your wallet the next morning wondering where the hundred you took out the night before went. Tivo doesn't cause you to wake up tired and exhausted and feeling like you really, really need to stop drinking so much. And it doesn't tell you after a few weeks that it just wants to be friends. Nope. All she does is record stuff for me. For me and only me. It even finds things for me and presents it to me, like "here Jon, I think you'll like this. I offer this recording of 'Spongebob' to you."

And yes, maybe I should go out more these days. I've even started thinking that. But then I just stumbled onto some Web site with a pretty good list of bootlegs and, well, again, why should I go out when I can just download live tracks of Zeppelin from '69 all night? Hell, I just got myself a U2 bootleg recorded last week.

I love modern technology.

No comments: