Monday, May 23, 2005

Lately I've been kind of tripping on the random snippets of songs that pop into one's heads. Do this- next time some song pops into your head, think about the lyrics for a second and start thinking about why that song could possibly be in your head. Cause I swear, it can be pretty Freudian some times. It's been happening a lot lately, the details of which I won't get into as I'm not into splaying my guts over this here blog like I used to, but I totally believe song snippets mean something.

Then, this morning, I noticed that some random bit of music was running through my head. After thinking about it for a minute, it suddenly occured to me what the song was- it's from "Jesus Christ Superstar." And the lyrics?

"You will rise to a greater power.
We will win ourselves a home.
You'll get the power and the glory
For ever and ever and ever
You'll get the power and the glory
For ever and ever and ever "

Yeah, I dunno either. I guess either my whole theory about the Freudian nature of song snippets in the head is totally flawed, I'm about to have a revelation and turn into a Jesus Freak, or I found some totally whacked out way of psyching myself up for a Monday at work. I'm hoping it's the later, but if I start praising Jesus over the next few days on this blog, you'll know why.

No comments: