Tuesday, May 10, 2005

More odds and sods while I recover from a nasty bit of insomnia.

-So Ben & Jen are having a baby. Throw in the Spederline baby and the possible Ashton/Demi baby and right there are three out of the four horsemen of the apocalypse. It's looking like those three kids will all be born around the same time which could mean spontaneous combustion for all the tabloids.

-I'm about 40 pages away from finishing "War & Peace." Yep, I'm on page 1334. Not bad, especially considering the new toy I just bought. My brother is right in that it could keep on going. On the other hand, as I look back on it, not that much happened. Which sounds kind of weird considering it's a multi-character novel based on the 1812 war but it's kind of true. In 1334 pages, Frodo was approaching Mordor in LOTR. It's just that most of "War & Peace" seems to be mainly about the ins and outs of Russian society and who said what at which ball. Not that it's bad it's just I thought there'd be more. After all the hype and all the pages, I kind of expected the Meaning of Life to be explained. Which is kind of explained, not just in ways that make me want to go "wow." The funny thing about the book is that I don't know whether it's my modern sensibility and my belief that irony wasn't invented until the early 90's but most of the society stuff is pretty irony-laden.

-So LeBron fired his agent and is going to hire one of his entourage (great show, by the way). I had last year in the "LeBron Goes Crazy" pool.

-And finally, Kansas is once again trying to get Creationism taught in school. I'll say it before, I'll say it again- let 'em. Let's just see how many of those kids go onto MIT or Harvard.

No comments: