Sunday, May 01, 2005

I've been in a bit of a funk lately. Not quite that major of one because I am working right now. Not to mention making good money. But still, just kind of that existential, everything is as it always is, kind of funks. And I've had it for quite awhile. So finally, after months and months of contemplation, after months and months of internal debate, and after months and months of summoning up the courage to make the change, I finally went out and made a huge change.

TiVo, baby. TiVo!

Oh, and a DVD player.

Between the both of them, I don't really need to leave my apartment anymore other than going to work and I'm not necessarily sure that's such a bad thing.

And just for the record, here is my season pass programs: Lost, The Chappelle Show, South Park, The Daily Show (no more staying up past 11 just to watch it), Curb, the Office (sadly, I got it to late to get the American version which didn't turn out to be half bad), Best Week Ever, and, of course, Buffy. Always Buffy. In fact, it was Buffy that made me break down and get TiVo in that I had some time to kill one morning before leaving for work and I flipped on the TV only to realize I had completely missed the first three-quarters of the Buffy Musical (otherwise known as the Greatest Hour of TV). The funny thing is that after I had programmed all of that stuff in, TiVo comes in and makes their first recommendation on something I should watch. And what did TiVo recommend? A PBS documentary on the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

Must be from all the South Park I'm about to be taping.

PS- the bit about being in a funk? Just joking around. It just makes the bit about Tivo funnier.

No comments: