Monday, May 16, 2005

Okay, so the highlight of Bay To Breakers had to be at the end. People who my friends and I were with brought some little plastic tricycle. We had a wagon with us. Part way through the race, somebody came up with the clever idea of pushing people around on them. So we'd pile people onto either the wagon and or trike and push people. Towards the end of the race we got close to the finish line and one of the guys we were with put me on board and through the crowd, giving his final little push about 50 yards away from the finish line. Unfortunately, I didn't quite make it so I started to try and peddle the sucker, which isn't as easy as you would think considering it was built for six year olds. So I peddled and peddled, determined to make it through the line, but just couldn't. And so I stopped. A group of people walked by and somebody yelled out these words, these inspiration, Rudy type words which will live with me forever: "You can make it Trike-y, you're almost there."

And with that, I peddled a few more feet and stopped again because my fucking calves were killing me.

No comments: