Wednesday, June 26, 2002

At 5:08 this afternoon, after I had long given up in a huff and gone out, I got the call. Interview tomorrow morning at 10:30. Couldn't help notice too that the person left a message saying she was calling to confirm the time, as if I had known beforehand what exactly that time would be.

I was livid. Upset. Pissed off. How dare they? The nerve. I was gonna make my stand, I was gonna change the rules, I was gonna take the power back. Thankfully, a friend talked me off the ledge, reminded me that when you tried to stick to the Man, the Man usually wins. Or at least doesn't hire you. Once again, I'm a potential employers bitch.

Called them back and gave in. Told them I'd be there, bright and early and ready and raring to go. Person I talked to, my new best friend and somebody who doesn't give me a lot of confidence, told me where to go. Then double checked just to make sure and told me, oops, she was wrong and I had to go to another buillding completely- a building that a friend's husband who works there later told me he never heard of. When I asked for more details about the job, the person asked me whether I got the e-mail she sent me a couple of days ago with the job description. I didn't. She said she'd send it out a little later. Still haven't got it. Want to call her back and make sure she's got the right person.

Tomorrow's gonna be a long day.

And yeah, what can I say, once again, the whole job thing got to me. Got my snark on. On days like this, I kind of wish I could go all Dark Willow- vengency and big bad like, making everyone feel my pain and wrecking havoc throughout the world.

That would be kind of fun.

No comments: