Wednesday, June 19, 2002

This just happened.....

I was online, wading into the great Cara debate (Ho or not a ho? Pathetic little snot or a sadly screwed up nice girl whose keeping it real) when I get disconnected. It was a phone call. Sometimes when I get a phone call, I get disconnected and sometimes I don't. This time I got disconnected.

When my phone-line is completely clear, I check my message. The message goes almost exactly like this:

"Hi my name is (static) and I'm trying to (static, followed by my name) and I'm calling about (static, static and more static). Please give me a call back at (static)888 (static and more static)35. That number is again (More and more static) 935."

So I'm thinking it could be about a job. Sounds like it's a job related call. Who else would it be? I didn't recognize the voice and it had the feeling of a job related phone call. Except instead of calling from say an office phone, it sounds like she called me from her cell phone while fucking going through the Caldecott Tunnel. And unless she realized that the entire gist of the phone conversation was lost due to static, I'm probably not going to hear from her again. Most HR people don't call people back a second time if it's about a job, figuring that if they don't call back once, they're probably not interested and they shouldn't waste their time.

Aaaaaaaaack.......................................

Why do the gods mock me so?

No comments: